Team Logo

Team Logo

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Best of the Rest

Captain's brother "really wants to join the Dutchmen"
The Dutchmen have finished the regular season in first place*.  They, being the top seed*, will face Wesco, who hold the last playoff spot after losing their last 3 games of the regular season.  The Dutchmen last faced Wesco 2 weeks ago, a 5-3 win.  I can't remember much about the game, but since i'm the only guy who adds to this page, I guess you're stuck with it.

The Flying Dutchmen have a long standing tradition:  Going for a beer and/or ice cream sundaes after every playoff win.  Will it continue?  Who knows.  If any Dutchmen are reading this, remember:  Bring a towel and soap so we can all shower together before hitting Le Club St. Hub.  I mean, so they can all shower together.

Graham, A.K.A. "Graham-y"  won't be there for this week's match.  Word has it he's gonna be beating the streets, getting funds together for next season.

The team is already set to go for next season, with no major shakeups.  Just 4 months older.  However, Jay, a.k.a. "Jay-er"  has confirmed that he'll be back in the lineup.  "I like Ottawa, but I guess it wasn't a good fit.  Like I said, I've always wanted to finish my career as a Dutchman."


Captain  David "Dave" Wheaton seems very excited for the upcoming season.  "I'm totally jacked after watching the All-Star Game last night.  What a game.  Did you see it?  Awesome, eh?  You see that penalty shot?  Man, that's hockey!   I love 'miked-up'.  I love 'miked-up' Staal, and 'miked up' Tim Thomas and 'miked-up' Jeff Skinner.  Those guys are funny!  I'm gonna turn the mike of my MP3 player on this week during the game.  I'll just ask the guys 'Who wants to get "miked-up"?', and they'll be able to just put the mp3 player in their pocket.  I can't wait to see what it picks up.  I'm gonna talk to the guys on the bench  into my MP3 player and like, talk about the game and the other team and close chances and tease them about their close chances.  I hope Van brings his girlfriend.  Maybe I should invite my brother onto the team.  Ha!  That's a laugh!  Also, I'm going to make a real sub-list this season and print one off for every team-mate, for a nominal fee, so we can always have too many guys , if we need them.  Hopefully, we can sort out that whole "no-sliding" rule change.  Hey!  Sliding-rule change!  Isn't a sliding rule an actual thing?  Or is it slide rule?  Anyways, no pun intended!"  He laughed a while at this.   "Anyways, I was talking about the penalties we've been getting lately for sliding.  It really bugs me.  I don't know why, but it does.

* - not including the top four teams, who will compete in the real playoffs

No comments:

Post a Comment